Thursday, April 2, 2015

Notable Book!

For my library services class, we were required to read Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, which I have read and am not a big fan. Because I did not like Eleanor and Park much, I marked Rainbow Rowell off my author list, but I am so happy that I changed my mind and read Attachments. I was in an upper level English class last semester, and a girl had a presentation on language used in this very book. Attachments explores the lives of Jennifer, Beth, and Lincoln. Part of the novel is just e-mails between Beth and Jennifer, and the other half is Lincoln's point of view. This difference in writing style makes this novel fun and easy to read.
I was up until 1 AM finishing this because it was that good. I couldn't stop reading, and I was so curious about what happened next. I also loved the setting of this book which is circa 1999! I'm not going to go into detail about what happens in this book, but Lincoln is hired to monitor employees at a newspaper to make sure they are not sending personal e-mails during work hours. Beth and Jennifer are sending personal e-mails, and their e-mails always get flagged, so Lincoln reads them; it's his job. One thing leads to another which finally ends in a great way.
I may have shed a few tears at the hopelessly romantic and sentimental exchanges in this book.
Bottom line: read it!

1 comment: