Thursday, June 18, 2015

Goodreads Quote of the Day

As an avid supporter of Goodreads.com, I wanted to post the Goodreads quote of the day I received!

The past is a candle at great distance: too close to let you quit, too far to comfort you.

Amy Bloom
  Happy birthday, Amy Bloom! The American writer has tried it all, from practicing psychotherapy and teaching at Yale to creating a TV show for Lifetime and writing a children’s book about a determined young potato.
 If you have a Goodreads account, it is easy to sign up for "Quote of the Day e-mails" and I enjoy reading them.

My Current Book-list?

Empty! I have no idea what I will read next. After finishing Dunk and Egg and watching the finale to Game of Thrones on HBO last Sunday, I am buried in Game of Thrones theories and memes. I am seriously considering re-reading the entire series and making highlights and notes to things I might have missed. After watching the horrible and apparent death of Jon Snow on the show, I re-read the last Jon chapter in Dance twice. I don't think Jon will be killed off, because he is essential to Martin's story. That was actually proven in an article I read where GRRM's pitch for his series was displayed. After reading his pitch, it was easy to see that Arya, Jon, Tyrion, and Daenerys are critical to his story (even if it the plot of the series has deviated from his original pitch), but how will Jon be brought back? Melisandre is at the wall in the show and in the books, so I definitely think she will help with the Jon issue.

The article and pitch letter can be viewed here

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment